Don't fall for warranty traps - read our guide on Endurance Extended Car Warranty
Nicholas Hinrichsen - Published: July 15, 2021
Overview of the Carchex Warranty Car Warranty (VSC Plan)
Our goal is to help you build financial strength by making the right financial choices when it comes to your car. We wrote in-depth articles on a variety of VSC plans (Vehicle Service Contracts, and also known as aftermarket warranties) so you can compare the different carriers, lower your monthly payments, decide whether a VSC contract is right for you, and get the best plan at the lowest rate possible. If you're looking for ways to manage your Carchex Warranty VSC, you might be interested in one of these quick links:
- Manage your VSC plan
- Get a Quote for Coverage
- Make a Claim
- Cancel your Carchex Warranty VSC Policy
- Get in Contact
Manage your VSC Plan
Managing your extended auto warranty plan isn't always easy! Sometimes all you�re left with is the phone number and contact details for your aftermarket warranty provider. To reach Carchex Warranty you can call 877-227-2439.
This VSC provider doesn't have an online portal unfortunately. You'll need to call in or email a representative to get answers
Get a Quote for Coverage
Not every provider is able to give a quote directly to its members (known as direct providers). Many times you�ll need to purchase an aftermarket warranty at the time of sale, and through a dealership. There are several reasons why a warranty company will only sell through a dealer: The car is in a known condition, there is no adverse selection (e.g. the dealership is selling a warranty before an issue has arisen), and the dealership has repeated experience with the warranty company so that pricing can reflect the risks of �the vehicles that a dealer sells�. So if a dealer tends to sell vehicles that need additional repairs, the warranty company can adjust prices accordingly to the dealership as a broader group.
Make a Claim
The process of making a claim is pretty straightforward with Carchex Warranty. You can find details of how to submit a claim here - https://web.ascwarranty.com/page/customer-claims.
The process is like most VSC providers where:
- First contact the claims department (normally via email, phone call, or through an app)
- The repair facility will then communicate with Carchex Warranty with an initial estimate before repairs are made
- A claims adjuster will then submit/give approval for the authorized repairs in scope
Cancelling your Carchex Warranty Insurance Policy
You can cancel your Carchex Warranty insurance policy anytime after you�ve purchased. You�re entitled to a full refund within the first  days, and afterwards entitled to a prorated refund. In order to cancel the contract just ensure to have your policy number, current vehicle odometer, and other plan details ready.
You�ll need to contact Carchex Warranty directly through one of the contact methods listed below to complete your cancellation.
Get in Touch with Carchex Warranty
If you want to just get in touch with Carchex Warranty there�s the formal channels:
- Phone: 877-227-2439
- Address: 118 Shawan Road, Suite 210 Baltimore, MD 21030
These are the social links listed below:
Background on Carchex Warranty Warranties & VSC�s
Carchex Warranty warranty and VSC company has a storied history:
- It was founded in the year 1999
- Company headquarters are located in Baltimore, MD
- Currently employes around: Approximately 100
- Has a current estimated revenue of: 56 Million
What plans are available from Carchex Warranty?
Carchex Warranty has a variety of plans available for coverage for your car. You can find a complete list of coverage options by going here: https://www.carchex.com/auto-warranty/coverage-options/
In general VSC coverages generally fall into several categories (but are all relabeled something else):
- Exclusionary Coverage Plans: These plans are generally the highest coverage plans available for used cars and they re labeled exclusionary plans because they generally provide coverage for everything �except� what�s listed in the plan. So rather than listing what components ARE covered, the plans list what IS NOT covered (or excluded). These plans are most similar to the bumper to bumper coverage that normally comes with the vehicle. Reading the fine print is often easier for these plans, but they also tend to be more expensive.
- Inclusionary Coverage Plans: These plans work oppositely from the exclusionary coverage plans. These plans only cover what is explicitly mentioned in the plan. So if the plan covers �Pistons and Crankshaft� but not �Crankshaft Shell Bearing� you may end up paying for lots of components that need replacement but weren�t explicitly mentioned. Often these plans exclude electrical components, gaskets and seals, turbochargers, and other high expense items.
- Powertrain Coverage Plans: These plans can be either inclusionary or exclusionary, but these plans cover only the drivetrain of the car. This is generally limited to the Engine, Transmission, Differential and drive axles. This more limited coverage is generally less expensive, but obviously excludes a large portion of the vehicle.
How to contact Carchex Warranty for customer service or claims
To contact Carchex Warranty for customer service, there�s several means to reach them:
You can find various means to contact Carchex Warranty Get in Contact :
In general there may be several departments you mind need to reach:
- For all inquiries try the following:
- Phone: 877-227-2439
Carchex Warranty warranty and VSC plan reviews and ratings
Carchex Warranty has reviews if you look online. While its often considered a better alternative to other VSC providers, there are items in its review history worth examining.
Carchex offers a number of protection plans that range from being affordable to the most comprehensive coverage available. When comparing reviews, Carchex is generally well received, with mostly positive reviews. The language of the service contracts may be difficult for some to understand, but sales reps are available and eager to help customers.
You can find some more complete review, and find other details on accreditation through looking at these resources:
- BBB Reviews are Located Here: Link
- Yelp Reviews are Located Here: Link
- Trustpilot Reviews are Located Here: Link
- Motor1 Reviews are Located Here: Link
- Consumer Affairs Reviews are Located Here: Link
Picking the right plan from Carchex Warranty Warranty
Most aftermarket VSC, and protection plan companies have multiple coverage plans. We�ll cover only the most popular options here. Carchex Warranty has three major plans for covering your auto repairs:
The Bronze coverage plans are provided by either American Auto Shield or by Royal, each having the option to extend contracts up to five and six years, respectively. This plan is an inclusionary warranty and lists specifically which vehicle parts are protected.
The Gold Coverage warranty plan has four providers; American Auto Shield, Royal, Royal Administration Services, and Allegiance. The Gold plan provides coverage for all major systems, but all eligible components are clearly listed in the service contract.
Carchex's top tier warranty plan, Titanium Coverage, offers maximum comprehensive protection. These contracts are most similar to the manufacturer original warranty and only include a few exclusions.
Choosing the right plan obviously depends on your level of comfort with contracts and coverage, but we have a few general pieces of advice for extended warranty buyers.
Getting a quote from Carchex Warranty Warranty
To get a free quote started, you�ll need your vehicle�s VIN and exact mileage. Then you can:
Call to get a quote: 877-227-2439
Or you can visit the online quote portal here: Online Quote Portal
- You�ll need to enter your make and model
- Then enter the estimated annual mileage
- You�ll then be prompted to enter your contact information. Please note its often not possible to get a quote estimate without an email or phone number and the quote is not returned online.
- Route 66
- Warranty Solutions
- Warranty Group
- What is the expected repair costs of the vehicle you are purchasing and how does that compare to the warranty cost?
- Could you handle the cost of a large repair without undue financial stress?
- Can you find an alternative service contract or warranty for cheaper?
- How much is convenience worth to you?
- The company makes money by making it �difficult� to file claims and get reimbursement.
- The fine print in the contracts makes it extremely difficult for the consumer to understand what�s covered and what�s not - often revealing hidden costs only at time of repair
- The company makes its best full faith effort to make claims easy, painless and transparent before and during a claims process.
Competitors and Alternatives to Carchex Warranty Warranty
Carchex Warranty isn't the only extended service contract company. In fact there are many large national players. A few of the largest (which Carchex Warranty is a member of) are listed below:
Who should get an Carchex Warranty VSC or warranty plan
In order to determine whether a VSC from Carchex Warranty is right for you, you�ll need to answer several questions first:
On average, Carchex Warranty warranties are making money. So on average the Carchex Warranty customers spend more money buying a service contract than what the warranty pays out in repairs after factoring in for the deductible, denied claims, and un-cancelled contracts. For a normal dealer these plans make about $500-1000.
But, these figures are AVERAGES and so often there�s examples where the Carchex Warranty Warranty is underpriced relative to the expected repair costs. In order to find some of the expected repair costs for a given make model, RepairPal is one of the best resources to find these costs, as well as Edmunds.
Question 2: Could you handle the cost of a large repair without undue financial stress?
Since warranties are often money-makers on average it's generally a good idea NOT to get them. That said, often these warranties can be a good means for financial discipline and protecting against extreme downside that might ruin your car experience and cause undue financial stress. Let�s take a money-making warranty case to make a point below.
Suppose you�re about to buy a 2010 Mercedes SL63 where the engine fails 1 percent of the time at a cost of $20,000. So, the average repair costs is $200 (.01 x $20,000). As a company, Carchex Warranty can make money on the warranty by charging $500. And on average, this warranty is not a good financial decision since the repairs costs are only $200 expected vs. $500 cost.
However, if you ARE the 1 customer who has a $20,000 engine failure, you would be ecstatic to pay the $500. Not to mention, a $20,000 bill would cause other financial stress, and you may not even have the money to pay for this expensive repair. So now you�re left having to sell a broken vehicle, find new transport, and your perception of the Mercedes SL63 will be forever ruined.
So if the �bad luck� of expensive repairs could bankrupt you, cause undue stress, or ruin the vehicle experience than an Extended car warranty could be a safe means to buy peace of mind and avoid �car induced bankruptcy�.
Question 3: Can you find an alternative extended service contract or warranty for cheaper than the Endurance Warranty?
Up until now, we�ve focused on whether to buy �the Carchex Warranty warranty� or not to buy. The reality is there�s a third alternative - buy an extended warranty/service contract through another third party. Before buying the warranty from Carchex Warranty, you can also compare warranty options through a variety of different warranty companies mentioned earlier.
Make sure to be comparing plans with similar plans, deductibles, and mileage limits to get comparable costs. Additionally, ensure you vehicle doesn't already have some existing factory warranty coverage. For many car companies, the manufacturer's warranty is often still valid until 36,000, 50,000, or 100,000 mile intervals for the new car.
Question 4: How much is convenience worth to you?
Another benefit of Carchex Warranty warranty - you don�t need to think too hard when your car requires unscheduled repairs. Instead of price shopping repairs, getting cost estimates, and renting a car while yours is in for repair - you can just drop off your car at your favorite ASE certified repair shop and get a rental car through Carchex Warranty. Additionally, if your vehicle fails on the side of the road - an extended warranty often covers roadside assistance, towing expenses and other emergency roadside needs.
So while it might be possible to find cheaper alternatives, save money on repairs longterm, the Carchex Warranty warranty just helps reduce the need for you to think too hard about repairs and maintenance.
When does Carchex Warranty deny or make claims difficult
Like any company that specializes in losses (insurance companies, warranty providers, bond services) - Carchex Warranty needs to ensure its not simply paying out in all cases. This can be extremely frustrating as a consumer but generally a warranty company falls into several categories when it comes to claims:
Some customers had particularly bad things to say about Carchex Warranty: Customers have left complaints when it comes to the "fine print". "I am disappointed to learn that Carchex is not the policy provider. In the "fine Print" of my acknowledgement, I saw that the "Warranty Provider" is American Car Shield, Not Carchex. Carchex appears to be only a sales agent for American Car Shield which means that everything the sales person at Carchex told me may not be true or accurate. I don't believe that Carchex can speak for American Car Shield if I ever have to use the warranty. To make matter worst, there is a company named "Car Shield" that is also a seller only. Car Shield is not rated by BBB." Larry via Consumer Affairs
This has to be balanced against the good things customers have said like: "Excellent customer service! The best price for the best coverage! I was happy to be able to buy the extended warranty from one of the top 10 companies out there! They�re actually rated the 2nd best company in the nation!" Julie via Consumer Affairs undefined
Haven't explored refinancing yet? Take a look at our exhaustive article about all the auto refinance companies and you will realize, WithClutch.com is the only fully digital platform that lets car owners like you do so from the comfort of their own home. No need to set a foot in a bank or credit union. You can lower your rate or get cash in as little as 20 seconds.
Follow three simple steps to refinance your auto loan, get approved in seconds and save thousands in minutes.